Advent Calendar Tutorial
I think it is about time we mention the C word! I have been in denial, but "it" along with December, seems to be approaching at a rapid rate. So, with that in mind, I thought it was about time I shared this year's Advent Calendar Tutorial. I have kept it quick and simple, because I don't know about you, but I don't have time to do anything more complex. In fact, it is so simple that I'm not sure you will even need a tutorial! However, I am pretty pleased with the results, and the girls love it too, which is obviously the most important part as they will be the ones opening it every morning.
1, Make up the favour boxes, and pop in your treats.
2. Cut 25 pieces of different length string.
3. Tie a piece of string round one handle of a box (if you tie it round both, you won't be able to open them without cutting the string).
4. Continue tying the pieces of string to the handle of each box, until they all have a piece attached.
5. Now tie the other end of the string around the stick.
6. Continue until all the boxes are tied on, I decided to go for a random range of string lengths to give a rustic feel. But if you want the end result to look neater, then keep the string all tied at the same length.
7. Finally decorate with the feathers (or whatever you would like to use), by tying these on in the same way. Again I went for a random look, by using all different lengths of string.
8. Tie one long piece of string to either end of the stick so that you can hang it.
Finished, I told you it was simple!